When registering with the NCAA Eligibility Center, the information required is used to determine who you are, your academic performance – high school grades and SAT/ACT test scores ,what sport you intend to play in college and what sports/teams you have participated in since becoming a high school student. This information is critical in determining if you meet the NCAA initial requirements to play sports at the Division I or Division II level. These requirements include:
- Successful completion of required core courses
- Acceptable SAT/ACT test score based on your core course GPA
- Graduation from high school
- Certification as an amateur athlete
Make sure that you are prepared to answer the following questions about your sports participation when completing your registration:
- Since turning 14 years old, have you practiced or played with any other teams other than a high school team?
- For each team, provide start and end dates for participation, city, state and country (eg. Team Best Basketball – 04/04/2010 – 04/04/2011 – Hometown, ST – USA)
- For each team, provide League/Division and Level (eg AAU Boys Basketball U15)
- For each team, provide Contact name, phone and email address (eg Coach Mike Hall, 222-222-2222, email@example.com
- Did you sign any type agreement to participate with this team?
- Did you or your parents (or anyone associated with you) pay the team or league for you to participate with this team?
- Does this team consider itself to be professional?
In the interest of time and to minimize frustration, please review the following registration checklist to make sure you have everything needed to successfully complete your registration process BEFORE you begin the process:
The most important thing to remember is to answer all of the questions completely and truthfully!